Building insurance

Call us on 03332 414113 (local rate)
Contact us online

Did you know that Building insurance is a mandatory requirement that all lenders look for when arranging a mortgage, regardless of whether you’re buying a property or in the process of remortgaging? When purchasing a leasehold property this may already be covered by the monthly or annual maintenance charge. If you are purchasing a freehold property it’s likely that the buildings insurance will need to be covered by you and you will need buildings insurance in place for the exchange of contracts.

Building Insurance

Please note you might be offered buildings insurance when you take out your mortgage, but you don’t have to take what’s on offer. Use the key policy information to shop around and get the best deal for you or talk to us at Zing.

Building Insurance will usually include the following:

You can expect coverage to include the fabric and permanent fixtures of your home, such as: the roof, walls, ceilings, floors, doors and windows, fitted kitchens, built-in cupboards and bathroom suites. A standard buildings insurance policy should cover the full cost of repair or a full rebuild in case of: a fire, lightning strike, storm damage, gas explosion, falling trees, earthquake, vandalism, vehicle collisions with the building or bursting of the plumbing.

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.