ASU or Income Protection?

Your mortgage probably won’t automatically include ASU cover, so it’s something you’ll need to arrange separately. If you’re concerned about the possibility of longer periods of sickness, you should consider taking out income protection. These policies are intended to cover a much longer duration, and some will even keep paying out until you reach retirement age.

Because income protection policies come with a higher level of cover than ASU, they are slightly more complex to take out. You may, for example, need to undergo a medical before your application is accepted, and the application process will typically take longer. However, once accepted for income protection cover you can usually claim more than once, even if you’re prevented from working by multiple episodes of the same illness.

Call us today 03332 414 113

Because it’s impossible to give general advice about what kind of cover you should choose, it’s a good idea to arrange to talk to our protection specialists. They will use your personal information to tailor their recommendations to your circumstances and future plans.

*For insurance business we offer products from a choice of insurers.

There are other providers of Payment Protection Insurance [Short-Term Income Protection] and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website at

For Accident, Sickness and Unemployment insurance, based on a 30 year old male, a typical cost per £100 of cover would be £4.03 per month. This is based on a 30 day deferred period.

Beside you all the way

At Zing, we’re here to help you throughout your mortgage application. From your first enquiry through to completion - we’re here to make the whole process easier for you.

What our clients say

Feefo logo
03332 414 113

Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm